Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Have you ever had those moments?

I have had a lot of forgetful moments lately. Of course I've always had moments, just like anyone, but I have come across a few of those moments lately that have made me laugh.
Several weeks ago I was enjoying myself on the beaches of Destin, Florida. Like a nut I went out into the water with my sunglasses on my head. Every time a wave came by I had to grab them so the ocean couldn't claim them. These sunglasses were a Dollar Tree purchase so if I lost them it wouldn't break my heart but I didn't want to. I became so used to doing this that when my glasses were actually on my face I forgot and found my self clutching my head to save them and then searching the water for the lost glasses all while looking through the very same brown, tinted shades. Thankfully, I was in the water by myself when this happened so I was saved the initial embarrassment of people watching me.
I found myself in another such moment today. My mother and I had received coupons for free film processing at our local drug store. I made it a race to be ready to leave before she was. I had everything together! Purse on my shoulder, shoes on, standing by the door with coupon in hand. At this moment my mother had the composure of mind to ask me if I had my film. No, I didn't. How could I forget that? That was the one and only reason for the entire trip!!
My mother laughed at me for several minutes and even asked if she could write about this on her blog. At least I gave her a good laugh, right? Well, in effort to beat her at the blogging game (since I wasn't able to beat her in being ready to leave the house) I'm blogging about it first. Hah!!!

1 comment:

Nette said...

We'll race again. Mom